Courses to Careers (C2C) helps young adults successfully advance along their career pathway as they complete post-secondary education. The goal of the program is to help unemployed or underemployed young adults who are either within 9 months of graduation or recently graduated find employment relevant to their studies. The program takes a multi-faceted approach by connecting each participant with a local employer for paid work experience while also providing access to studio BE, an online wellness platform. We believe by helping each participant practice mindfulness while they transition full-time into the workforce that they will have the skills and tools they need to be successful. We also believe it’s important to bridge the gap between local employers and a robust talent pool of young professionals seeking to explore career opportunities in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- 12 weeks of relevant paid work experience
- 1:1 assistance from a Career Advisor
- 24/7 access to studio BE online wellness platform
- Industry mentor
- Access to Professional Development seminars
- Full-time job placement
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Targeting candidates 18 to 26 years old (Anyone outside of this age range may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Currently within 9 months of graduation or recently graduated from a post-secondary education program
- Luzerne or Schuylkill County residents; must provide proof of residency (This program is intended for young professionals who plan to stay in the area and build their careers in Northeastern Pennsylvania)
- Income documentation required
- Our team will pre-screen candidates according to our funding guidelines
At PA CareerLink, we understand that searching for work and transitioning to a new career comes with a lot of stress. That is why our local PA CareerLink® offices are proud to provide you with a resource to support your wellness before and during your job search, and even after finding employment. We are partnering with studio BE, an online wellness platform, to bring registered PA CareerLink® participants 24/7 access to mindfulness resources through June 30, 2022. Get started by watching the overview video below and click the “Register Now” button to create your account!
Are you searching for qualified young professionals interested in experience in their field of study?
- Up to 12 weeks of support at no cost to you!
- Connect with the local talent pool
- Train a potential candidate for long-term employment
- Mentor the next generation of our workforce
- Communication and coordination with PA CareerLink® staff
- Provide work assignments
- Supervision and performance evaluations
- Time approval
- Offer industry connections and advice