PA CareerLink® is part of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry’s initiative to connect job seekers with resources to find sustainable careers!
While we are a state-operated facility, we are not able to provide all state services. What you cannot do when you come to your local PA CareerLink® office:
- File for a marriage license
- Apply for a hunting license
- Report a UFO siting
- Resolve unemployment compensation claims
So then what can you do at PA CareerLink®? We are here to support you in your job search process, connect you with the area’s top employers, and offer education assistance.
When you are looking for new career opportunities you may want to file for unemployment benefits. This process is done through the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry’s Office of Unemployment Compensation. You can use the computer lab in our Career Resource Center to file your claims or complete work search requirements. However, we do not process UC claims, disburse payments, or settle fraud cases.
Think of our office as a resource library for job seekers and employers. When you arrive at your local office you can:
- Use our Career Resource Center to search for a job
- Stop by our in-person hiring events to get hired on the spot
- Attend workshops to learn tips and tricks that will help you land your dream job
- Speak one on one with a Career Navigator who can help you in your career search
- Learn about our special programs that help job seekers access education, training, internships, counseling services, etc.
- Sign up for our texting campaigns and email newsletters to be the first to know about career opportunities in your area
Whether you are looking to change career paths, find a new job in your field, or learn more about the opportunities in your community, PA CareerLink® is a resource hub to help you make your next career move!